President’s Comments/Update (Kristen Christy)
Multi-domain Warfare Symposium: 22-25 August lots of buzz going on; A5 BG John Shaw is interested, but heard about it second hand. Command Chiefs are interested including 14 AF, AFSPC, etc,
Registration 1030-1130 then lunch until 1300 on Wed; no dinner; will charge for lunch; want membership to sign up; looking at speaker (Simon Sinek “Start with Why”); Thursday—trying to get Gen Raymond; have sponsors for some of it. Looking for Wed lunch sponsor ($8K); Antlers is giving per diem rate for hotel. Friday: IMAGE Golf
– 100-150 for Wed; about 400 for Thursday…military are free except for lunch;
– Switchbacks Game Report: 36 people; well received
– New VP for membership is Dannette Houde
– Discussed events at the state convention
State President’s Comments (Linda Aldrich)
National DOES read our newsletters; received a nice response from national president, General (ret) Larry Spencer. Congrats to Bill on this.
– State Convention (5-6 August 2017)–we need maximum attendance
— National Delegates: Kristen Christy; Steve Gourley others?
Want more people to attend; mostly military at this point; the awards Banquet is on Saturday night. Try to attend Business meeting on Sunday morning too.
— Respond through the link at:
– State Officer Elections—these will be done at business meeting too
– Reports get your inputs in to meet deadline; due before symposium; important for payments from national
– Discussion on giving $1000 check to state for banquet; board approved