Lance P. Sijan Chapter 125, Air Force Association
Teacher of the Year (TOY) Nomination 2015
The TOY program recognizes classroom teachers at the Chapter, State, and National level for their accomplishments in exciting K-12 students about Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) and preparing them to contribute to tomorrow’s technologies. This is an excellent opportunity to recognize special teachers who are furthering excellence and making coming to class an adventure!
The Lance P. Sijan Chapter recognizes teaching excellence at two levels: grades K-8 and grades 9-12. In addition, we select one of the honorees as our overall Teacher of the Year and as our nominee to compete for the State/Regional Teacher of the Year.
Each honoree, along with their school’s principal, will be recognized at the Lance P. Sijan Chapter’s Awards Banquet and will receive a check for $250, a Certificate of Excellence, an AFA tote bag, and a complimentary one year Civil Air Patrol Aerospace Education Membership. In addition, the overall Chapter Teacher of the Year will receive an additional $250 grant. Further information on the award can be found at http://www.afa.org/ChapterTeacheroftheYearAwardWinners1. If you have questions, you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chapter Teacher of the Year Application Form
- One page narrative of the teacher’s accomplishment and achievements in support of STEM and the impact of these activities on the students.
- A letter of recommendation/support from a school official (principal or higher).
- Optional three pages of newspaper articles, other documents, and/or photos that include the teacher with students completing STEM activities (ensure students in photos have media release permission for use).
- NOTE: AFA elected chapter officers and their immediate family members (spouse/children) are not eligible
Nominations should be completed by 1 April, 2015 and sent to: